Buscador chip caballo

Liedza

Usuario nuevo
15 Enero 2024
Hola, primero que nada disculpas por los errores de idioma. Soy holandés y no puedo hablar español. Por eso uso Google Translate. Soy dueño de una yegua española de 9 años. Mi yegua nació en España en 2014 y fue transportada a Holanda en 2018 embarazada de su hijo. Tengo curiosidad por su pasado en España. Tiene un número de chip español. No tiene papeles de pedigrí. No encuentro ningún resultado en la base de datos española cuando busco su chip. ¿Alguien sabe qué significa si un caballo en España tiene chip pero no está registrado? ¿Podría ser que ella viviera en la naturaleza y sólo le dieran un chip para transportarla a los Países Bajos? ¿O tal vez nació en Portugal? Tengo mucha curiosidad por saber qué piensas. Lamentablemente no puedo obtener más información en los Países Bajos. gracias de antemano.

pd: si las reglas del foro lo permiten, las respuestas en inglés también son bienvenidas, pero si no usaré el traductor de google.

PD: disculpas si esta publicación está en el foro equivocado.

Hi! Your message is in the correct place! Since it’s about horses and the place is named “ about horses “ about your horses chip I have no clue, it may be that the horse wasn’t federated but it still was used for giving classes to kids in barns. If you end up not finding the answer, try contacting with the seller.. maybe he know stuff. Being a horse that was born in Spain it must have a book were the vaccinations… and important data such as a brief description of the horse should be written In That book. If you get hold of it ( normally they give it to you once you buy the horse ) maybe you can find some answers. Although if you don’t just try contacting the seller or the breeding center since it must have been breeded in a certified center.

PD: I have the first if Cambridge but my writing and use of english sucks. Sorry , hope I helped and wish you luck.

All horses in Spain must have a chip, it's been mandatory since some years ago. If she has not been registered, that means most probably she's not pure spanish breed, and therefore with no traceable pedigree.

If she is registered, you should be able to find her by her name on the web.

Chips are mandatory no matter if they are pure bred or not.

Thanks for all your responses!

So if I understand it correctly, it is (mainly) the PRE horses that are registered in online databases? So her being an andalusian rather than a PRE could perhaps explain why she is chipped but can’t be found in the Spanish database?

She has a Spanish chip-number, but has a Dutch passport and no other Spanish papers (that I am aware of at least). I tried to find the owners who first bought her when she was imported from Spain, but sadly without success. She has been sold a few times in the Netherlands before I bought her. Her previous owners told me she came from Spain malnourished, traumatised and pregnant. She definitely has the looks of a grey andalusian, PRE or lusitano. Her son has that typical roman lusitano nose. She hasn’t been branded, so I assume she is not an actual PRE.

As for her having been a riding-lesson horse, I find that highly unlikely. They had a very hard time backing her in the Netherlands and she was very afraid of people, especially whilst being ridden. This is also why I thought she might have been wild/feral in Spain, captured, chipped and put on transport abroad? Though I have no idea how many horses actually live out in the wild in Spain or how this process would exactly work. I also wonder whether she was intentionally bred or if her pregnancy was an ‘accident’.

I really appreciate all your suggestions and input!

Let me get a few things clarified.

1) We don't have wild horses in Spain as such. There are very small communities of ancient small breeds running around the very north, but definitely not Spanish PRE (breed) horses.

2) PRE and Andalusian is the same thing. BUT the proper/official/used name is PRE.

3) You CAN have a pure PRE without papers. It's only the known breeding lines and the top quality horses that have a pedigree (papers), but there is plenty of unknown PRE horses pure or crossed being bred in peoples backyard with parent's that are also just backyard breeds that you have no idea what horses they come from. It sounds like it's the case of your mare. And it doesn't have to mean there is anything wrong with her, she is just not pedigree bred.

4) Here in Spain everything needs to get a Spanish microchip no matter the breed or no-breed. If it's a horse, you have to chip it.

5) Not all "breeds" have a website were you can just go in and find info about a horse.

Let me get a few things clarified.

1) We don't have wild horses in Spain as such. There are very small communities of ancient small breeds running around the very north, but definitely not Spanish PRE (breed) horses.
Ok, that makes sense. Interesting to learn a bit about how horses are kept in Spain!
2) PRE and Andalusian is the same thing. BUT the proper/official/used name is PRE.

I see! In my country it is often said andalusian is more of like a synonym for just any Spanish horse in general, that does not have PRE papers, nor necessarily PRE blood. Quite interesting to learn that is not the case.
3) You CAN have a pure PRE without papers. It's only the known breeding lines and the top quality horses that have a pedigree (papers), but there is plenty of unknown PRE horses pure or crossed being bred in peoples backyard with parent's that are also just backyard breeds that you have no idea what horses they come from. It sounds like it's the case of your mare. And it doesn't have to mean there is anything wrong with her, she is just not pedigree bred.
Ok, interesting! I didn't know it was possible to have a PRE without papers. The more you know. :) That may indeed very well have been the case. Doesn't matter to me either that her pedigree is unknown/that she is not pedigree bred. I'm just really curious about what her life might have been like.
5) Not all "breeds" have a website were you can just go in and find info about a horse.
I understand. My question (maybe I phrased it a bit unclear) was more based on the fact that for some reason she does have a Spanish chip but not a passport. Which might be totally normal in Spain! It's just that it isn't over here so I was hoping to learn something about that here. Also, over here all horses can be found in a general online registry, regardless of their breed and whether or not they have papers and registered parents. But again, that could of course be totally different in Spain. All in all I was hoping to gather some more insights about what her past could have been like, so thank you for your input, and that of the others. I learnt a thing or two. I really appreciate it :)

I have one more question for now, that maybe someone has an answer to: is it common to transport Spanish horses abroad to sell them on foreign markets?

Ok, that makes sense. Interesting to learn a bit about how horses are kept in Spain!

I see! In my country it is often said andalusian is more of like a synonym for just any Spanish horse in general, that does not have PRE papers, nor necessarily PRE blood. Quite interesting to learn that is not the case.

Ok, interesting! I didn't know it was possible to have a PRE without papers. The more you know. :) That may indeed very well have been the case. Doesn't matter to me either that her pedigree is unknown/that she is not pedigree bred. I'm just really curious about what her life might have been like.

I understand. My question (maybe I phrased it a bit unclear) was more based on the fact that for some reason she does have a Spanish chip but not a passport. Which might be totally normal in Spain! It's just that it isn't over here so I was hoping to learn something about that here. Also, over here all horses can be found in a general online registry, regardless of their breed and whether or not they have papers and registered parents. But again, that could of course be totally different in Spain. All in all I was hoping to gather some more insights about what her past could have been like, so thank you for your input, and that of the others. I learnt a thing or two. I really appreciate it :)

I have one more question for now, that maybe someone has an answer to: is it common to transport Spanish horses abroad to sell them on foreign markets?
Well, some foreign call Andalucians horses with no pedigree that are PRE looking but aren't certain about how pure they really are. Horses that don't look very PRE at all are called crossed.
Spanish people call PRE horses that are pure or pure looking, Spanish horses that are PRE looking but not pure, and crossed the rest of them.

You can't move a horse from one place to another without a passport, def not out of the community. Unless she was smuggled, she had a passport when she moved to your country.
Many horses don't get a passport until they are getting moved, so maybe your mare has a Duch passport because the people that bough her made her passport there? I don't know if its posible to make a passport of a horse that is not physically there?

MANY, MANY PREs are exported around the world all the time. It's a very popular breed, so yes. I have seen 4m tall lories with 18 PRE horses (a whole stable) going out of Spain.

Reacciones: Liedza
All horses with microchip should be registered (in the Ministerio database, not the breed register) and have a passport (UELN). Sometimes for some reason this is not done, and from time to time a horse with microchip is not registered and doesn´t have a passport, but this is NOT normal and shouldn´t be.

When I bought my first mare we found out that she had a microchip but she was never registered, so my vet did that and got a passport.

thanks for clarifying. :)

SyLoBe kindly looked into the matter for me.

Passports are obligatory in the NL as well. Since she got a Dutch passport I suppose it is indeed likely that she didn’t have one yet.

In south of Spain it is very normal that horses don't have proper paper work. My trail horse only got his passport at 12.

In south of Spain it is very normal that horses don't have proper paper work. My trail horse only got his passport at 12.
As @B.E says many horse from the south don’t have paper work until they have a real owner that takes good care of them.

Thanks for all your responses!

So if I understand it correctly, it is (mainly) the PRE horses that are registered in online databases? So her being an andalusian rather than a PRE could perhaps explain why she is chipped but can’t be found in the Spanish database?

She has a Spanish chip-number, but has a Dutch passport and no other Spanish papers (that I am aware of at least). I tried to find the owners who first bought her when she was imported from Spain, but sadly without success. She has been sold a few times in the Netherlands before I bought her. Her previous owners told me she came from Spain malnourished, traumatised and pregnant. She definitely has the looks of a grey andalusian, PRE or lusitano. Her son has that typical roman lusitano nose. She hasn’t been branded, so I assume she is not an actual PRE.

As for her having been a riding-lesson horse, I find that highly unlikely. They had a very hard time backing her in the Netherlands and she was very afraid of people, especially whilst being ridden. This is also why I thought she might have been wild/feral in Spain, captured, chipped and put on transport abroad? Though I have no idea how many horses actually live out in the wild in Spain or how this process would exactly work. I also wonder whether she was intentionally bred or if her pregnancy was an ‘accident’.

I really appreciate all your suggestions and input!
your asking yourself if her pregnancy was an accident, it may be or maybe not, maybe she was free in a padock with a make and got pregnant, or maybe it was intentionally ( I believe it was intentionally ) because most people like breeding PRES because of the morfolog, importance and beauty.

if you can give me a brief description of her and her foal i may find a way to know more about her and the foal, if you have a photo that would be amazing! Sometime in websites they give descriptions but never the micro chip. So hopefully surching for descriptions may help, if not, I am in a equestrian Spanish group chat with many knowlegable people and I can make an announcement looking for the mare and her foal and see if anyone answers.
hopefully we will find more data about her, it’s about looking in the right place, here in Spain

As @B.E says many horse from the south don’t have paper work until they have a real owner that takes good care of them.

your asking yourself if her pregnancy was an accident, it may be or maybe not, maybe she was free in a padock with a make and got pregnant, or maybe it was intentionally ( I believe it was intentionally ) because most people like breeding PRES because of the morfolog, importance and beauty.

if you can give me a brief description of her and her foal i may find a way to know more about her and the foal, if you have a photo that would be amazing! Sometime in websites they give descriptions but never the micro chip. So hopefully surching for descriptions may help, if not, I am in a equestrian Spanish group chat with many knowlegable people and I can make an announcement looking for the mare and her foal and see if anyone answers.
hopefully we will find more data about her, it’s about looking in the right place, here in Spain

SyLoBe told me her microchip is from Andalucía, so that seems to line up with what you and B.E said about the south of Spain. :)

That'd be great!

She's dapple grey (brown base colour). Her height is about 157 cm. She has a slight roman nose (but overall her head is pretty straight) with a pink spot. Her son also has a brown base colour. His roman nose is more pronounced. Her son was born in NL a few months after her arrival, so she left Spain pregnant.

This is the mare (let me know if the pictures aren't clear enough):

IMG_4361.jpg

tempImage0nxTeY.jpg

I don’t know if she is pure 100% or has some crossing, but no doubt there is a great deal of PRE in her.
She is very pretty. How lucky to have an owner like you, specially as she has obviously not been treated very well at the start.

SyLoBe told me her microchip is from Andalucía, so that seems to line up with what you and B.E said about the south of Spain. :)

That'd be great!

She's dapple grey (brown base colour). Her height is about 157 cm. She has a slight roman nose (but overall her head is pretty straight) with a pink spot. Her son also has a brown base colour. His roman nose is more pronounced. Her son was born in NL a few months after her arrival, so she left Spain pregnant.

This is the mare (let me know if the pictures aren't clear enough):

Ver el archivo adjunto 12257

Ver el archivo adjunto 12258
She is amazing! Just sanded the message hopeful there answers in no time! Som of them said they will Ask at their breeding centers but she is a beauty and a one of a kind! you should feel proud she is amazing!

Thanks! :)

She’s indeed pretty, and has a lovely personality, too. She’s very clever and loyal. She has come a long way and has definitely regained her trust in humans.

I haven’t got much knowledge about the hispano-arab breed. I can see what you mean because of the shape of her head. Apart from that I don’t think she has many other characteristics that resemble the arabian breed a lot though ?

Regístrate ahora y pasa a formar parte de la mayor comunidad de aficionados a los caballos en español.

Cuéntanos tus experiencias, o planteanos tus preguntas. Entre todos intentaremos ayudarte.

¡Y lo mejor de todo es que es grátis!