como montar con hernia.

jaquitapaquita

Usuario nuevo
17 Enero 2007
http://
En semana santa del año pasado tuve una caida en el campo, en un principio parecia un golpe sin más pero despues d e unos dias las cosas se fueron poniendo peor.Diagnostico; Hernia cervical.
despues de nueve meses parece que estoy mejor al menos para la vida normal (es decir la aburrida trabajo y poco más) tengo unas ganas locas de montar pero me da miedo no quiero retroceder yademas el medico me dice que debo evitar el impacto. quiero montar pero tan poco ser una descerebrada.Sabeis de alguien que este en mi situacion y pueda montar?o si hay algún tipo de espaldera que ayude?.un saludo.

Hola,
Siento lo que te pasa, y me alegra que estés pensando en volver ya a montar, eso significa que ya estás mejor y eso siempre es una alegría.
Hace poco pregunté a una amiga sobre esto, y me envió por e-mail la información que ella obtuvo sobre este asunto de montar con hernias discales. Te lo copio y espero que te sirva.
Mucha suerte con tu recuperación.
Un beso.
Dulce.

Hoerdegen, K.M.
The spine and horseriding [WIRBELSAULE UND REITEN]
(1975) Schweizerische Medizinische Wochenschrift, 105 (21), Pages 668-675. Cited 3 times.
Abstract
115 horseback riders have undergone clinical and radiologic examination of the spine. A minimum of 10 yrs' riding was required. Depending on intensity of training and number of riding hours, the subjects were divided into 3 groups: roughriders, sport riders and hobby riders. It was striking that of the bare half of cases (51) suffering from lower back, only 8 (about 15%) had had medical treatment and actually been disabled. Moreover, 47% of the riders with lower back pain were painfree in the saddle, i.e. when riding. No causal connection was found between riding and a higher incidence of osteochondrosis in some parts of the vertebral column. In roughriders and partly in sport riders an increased stress on the spine due to prolonged intensive training cannot be ruled out if the higher incidence of pathologic X ray findings and low back pain in this group is taken into consideration. On the other hand, other factors such as deficiencies and hard work in the past may, especially in roughriders with a rural background, also be responsible. A higher incidence of spondylolisthesis than in the normal population was not found. It is important that riders should possess a strong back and gluteal muscular system in order to avoid early painful spinal decompensation, especially in cases with degenerative alteration and static form anomalies of the spinal column.

Hoerdegen, K.M.
Vertebral column and horse riding [WIRBELSAULE UND REITSPORT]
(1975) Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur Sportmedizin, 23 (1), Pages 29-43.
Abstract
The authors clinically and and radiologically examined 115 horseback riders and evaluated the results. According to the intensity of training and the number of training hours, the subjects were divided into 3 groups: rough riders, sport riders, and hobby riders. A minimum of ten years of riding as well as an age not below eighteen years were the requirements for the subjects in the study. Almost half of the riders examined suffered from lower back pain, but only a small number of them were under medical treatment and thus not able to participate in a sport. Quite numerous were those suffering from lumbodynia, who stated that they experienced no pain on the horse. Several examples have proven this statement. A few pathologic radiological findings on the vertebral column were more frequent in rough riders and partly in sport riders, so that an additional mechanical load on the vertebral column through riding should not be completely excluded. On the other hand, several other factors such as existing deficiencies, and even hard work in youth, are probably responsible. There do not seem to be any forces in riding provoking lordosis. The influence of the axial load is more evident. It is indicated that riders suffering from previous injuries or lumbosacral afflictions should continue riding, provided they are without pain on the horse, since every inactivity of the back muscular system leads to premature insufficiency of the vertebral column. Compensative gymnastics and swimming are indicated and should be a major part of a program to reinforce the back muscular system.

Rothaupt, D., Laser, T., Ziegler, H.
Hippotherapy and its place in rehabilitation [Hippoterapia a jej miesto v rehabilitacii]
(1998) Rehabilitacia, 31 (1), Pages 34-37. Cited 1 time.
Abstract
Hippotherapy represents new form of treatment in the conservative management of segmental instabilities, after intervertebral disc herniation operation. The principle of this treatment lies in the transferring of three- dimensional motion of horse-back on the patient. Patient responds on these movement impuses in the vertical, sagital and frontal straight. By the provoking of these minimal movements comes to motion segments mobilisation and thereby to segmental hypermobility stabilisation. The alternating tension by the riding betters the trophics of active and passive structures in the spine region.
Author Keywords
Hippotherapy; Rehabilitation; Segmental instability

Rothhaupt, D., Ziegler, H., Laser, T.
The orthopedic hippotherapy - New ways in treatment of segmental instabilities in the lumbar spine region [Die orthopadische hippotherapie - Neue wege in der behandlung segmentaler instabilitaten an der lendenwirbelsaule]
(1997) Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, 147 (22), Pages 504-508. Cited 1 time.
Abstract
The orthopedic hippotherapy represents a new form of therapeutic exercise in the conservative treatment of segmental instabilities in the lumbar spine region. This kind of therapy works on the principle of conveying to the patient the three- dimensional swinging motion of the horse's back. The patient reacts to these movement impulses by moving up and down. (vertical movement of the spine), back and forth (sagittal movement) and to the right and the left (horizontal movement). The small movements of the spine thus produced bring about a mobilization of the segments involved in movement and therefore eliminate articular hypomobilities. Moreover, the short monosegmental muscles of the back are subjected to an excentric training which leads to a muscular stabilization of segmental hypermobilities. Due to the varying pressure load during the riding exercise the trophic conditions of the active and passive structures of the spine are improved.
Author Keywords
Hippotherapy; Mobilization/stabilization of the spine; Therapeutic exercise program

Dvořáková, T., Pavelková, J., Janura, M., Svoboda, Z.
Analysis of motion in hippotherapy from the biomechanic point of view [Analýza pohybu v hipoterapii z pohledu biomechaniky]
(2005) Rehabilitace a Fyzikalni Lekarstvi, 12 (4), Pages 183-187.
Abstract
Hippotherapy is classified in proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation methods. It makes use of the specific balance area of the horseback. It stimulates posture-reflex mechanisms of the rider and serves to management of balance and movement coordination. The emotional influence is an integral part of the therapy. The paper describes the postural effect of hippotherapy and the problems in the use of sitting and position according to the degree of maturity in postural motor coordination of the rider. The authors describe the movements of pelvis of the rider in individual planes, which is generated by the movements of horseback. A survey of projects going on in the area of hippotherapy with the application of videography is described. Specific outcomes point out the use of biomechanic research methods for the analysis of the horse and rider in hippotherapy.
Author Keywords
3D videography; Hippotherapy; Motion analysis

Tsirikos, A., Papagelopoulos, P.J., Giannakopoulos, P.N., Boscainos, P.J., Zoubos, A.B., Kasseta, M., Nikiforidis, P.A., Korres, D.S.
Degenerative spondyloarthropathy of the cervical and lumbar spine in jockeys
(2001) Orthopedics, 24 (6), Pages 561-564. Cited 4 times.
Abstract
This prospective study analyzed the long-term effects of horse riding on the cervical and lumbar spine of jockeys. Thirty-two jockeys were observed for 13 years. All jockeys had clinical and radiographic evaluation of the spine; three consecutive age groups were studied. Results were compared to age-matched, normal population control groups. The incidence of degenerative changes of the spine was higher in the jockeys compared with the control groups and was more prominent in the older age group for both the lumbar and cervical spine. These findings suggest that equestrian sports, particularly professional horse riding, apart from the increased risk of direct spinal injury caused by a fall from the horse, can lead to progressive spine degeneration as a result of repetitive trauma and increased physical stress on the spine.
References
Dittmer, H.
The injury pattern in horseback riding
(1991) Langenbecks Arch Surg., 0, pp. 466-469.
Houshian, S., Freund, K.G.
Riding injuries
(1998) Ugeskrift for Laeger, 160, pp. 6976-6979.
Mc Chee, C.J.J., Gullan, R.W., Miller, J.D.
Horse riding and head injury. Admissions to a regional head injury unit
(1987) Br J Neurosurg., 1, pp. 131-136.
Kriss, T.C., Kriss, V.M.
Equine-related neuro-surgical trauma: A prospective series of 30 patients
(1997) J Trauma., 43, pp. 97-99.
Lloyd, R.G.
Riding and other equestrian injuries: Considerable severity
(1987) Br J Sports Med., 21, pp. 22-24.
Silver, J.R., Parry, J.M.
Hazards of horse riding as a popular sport
(1991) Br J Sports Med., 25, pp. 105-110.
Simonetti, C., Lupoi, D., Di Giambattista, G., Sessa, V., Rosati, M., Orlacchio, A.
Biomechanical changes in and lesions of the lumbosacral spine in horse riding. Magnetic resonance assessment
(1996) Radiol Med, 91, pp. 542-546.
Voight, J., Dalgaard, J.B.
Fatal injuries from riding accidents and forms of handling horses
(1978) Ugeskrift for Laeger, 140, pp. 1305-1308.
Whitlock, M.R., Whitlock, J., Johnston, B.
Equestrian injuries: A comparison of professional and amateur injuries in Berkshire
(1987) Br J Sports Med., 21, pp. 25-26.
Noerdegen, K.M.
The spine and horse riding
(1975) Schweiz Med Wochencher, 105, pp. 668-675.
Chitnavis, J.P., Gibbons, C.L., Hirigoyen, M., Lloyd, P.J., Simpson, A.H.
Accidents with horses: What has changed in 20 years?
(1996) Injury, 27, pp. 103-105.
Silver, J.R.
Spinal injuries in sports in the UK
(1993) Br J Sports Med., 27, pp. 115-120.

Fischer, S., Gores, B., Heipertz-Hengst, Ch., Homuth, H.-P., Sayn, D.
Vibratory stress while horse riding [Schwingungsbelastung beim reiten von pferden]
(2000) Arbeitsmedizin Sozialmedizin Umweltmedizin, 35 (1), Pages 5-9.
Berufsgenossensch. Inst. Arbeitssic., Alte Heerstrasse 111, 53757 Sankt Augustin, Germany
Abstract
The vibratory stress from horse riding was evaluated using a band track and a circle with sandy soil while the horse was at a walk, a trot and a gallop. The results were evaluated with regard to occupational disease No. 2110 'vertical disc-related diseases of the lumbar spine', according to the shock definition of the standard ISO 263-1: 1997 and taking into consideration the material fatigue of the spine. Risk assessment based on the values recommended for vehicles and mobile machinery is not possible. Shocks, as defined by the standard ISO 2631-1: 1997, do not occur. Risk due to material fatigue of the spine cannot be excluded after long-term riding when at a trot or gallop. A definitive assessment of the risks from vibratory stress while riding is at present not possible as epidemiological studies are lacking.
Author Keywords
Horse riding; Risk assessment; Vibration stress; Whole Body Vibration
Index Keywords

Alfredson, H., Hedberg, G., Bergström, E., Nordström, P., Lorentzon, R.
High thigh muscle strength but not bone mass in young horseback-riding females
(1998) Calcified Tissue International, 62 (6), Pages 497-501. Cited 7 times.
Abstract
To evaluate whether the type of weight-bearing loading subjected to the skeleton during horseback-riding was associated with differences in bone mass and muscle strength of the thigh, we investigated bone mass and isokinetic muscle strength in 20 female horse riders (age 17.9 ± 0.6 years) who were riding 7.0 ± 3.4 hours/week, and 20 nonactive females (age 17.8 ± 1.1 years). The groups were matched according to age, weight, and height. Areal bone mineral density was measured in total body, head, lumbar spine, right femoral neck, Ward's triangle, and trochanter, the whole dominant and nondominant humerus, and in specific sites in the right femur diaphysis, distal femur, proximal tibia, and tibia diaphysis using dual X-ray absorptiometry. Isokinetic concentric and eccentric peak torque of the quadricep and hamstring muscles were measured using an isokinetic dynamometer. There were no significant differences in bone mass between the horseback riders and nonactives at any site measured. The horse riders were significantly (P < 0.05-0.01) stronger in concentric hamstrings strength at 90°(second and 225°/second and in eccentric quadricep and hamstring strength at 90°/second. Horseback riding in young females is associated with a high muscle strength of the thigh, but not with a high bone mass.
Author Keywords
Bone mass; Horse-riding females; Muscle strength

Ankerhold, J.
Is equestrian sport dangerous for patients with common orthopedic affections? [GEFAHRDUNG DURCH DEN REITSPORT BEI HAUFIGEN ORTHOPADISCHEN ERKRANKUNGEN?]
(1978) Orthopadische Praxis, 14 (1), Pages 53-56.
Abstract
In this report the orthopedic surgeon in practice tries to settle up the question whether riding causes lesions in persons suffering from juvenile false postures, juvenile kyphoses, from slight or moderately severe scolioses or from static muscular complaints as a result of slight degenerative changes of the spine. Early balance training and training of the muscles as well as the careful selection of the proper horse are essential. The strain of the quadriceps muscle of jockeys and show jumpers is mentioned in regard to Schlatter disease and arthrosis of the knee. It is emphasized that clothes should be changed without delay after a hard ride to avoid lumbalgia. Equestrian sports and their effect on the health of a rider with some kinds of hip diseases are discussed in relation to the typical position on horseback.

Hoerdegen, K.M.
Vertebral column and horse riding [WIRBELSAULE UND REITSPORT]
(1975) Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur Sportmedizin, 23 (1), Pages 29-43.
Abstract
The authors clinically and and radiologically examined 115 horseback riders and evaluated the results. According to the intensity of training and the number of training hours, the subjects were divided into 3 groups: rough riders, sport riders, and hobby riders. A minimum of ten years of riding as well as an age not below eighteen years were the requirements for the subjects in the study. Almost half of the riders examined suffered from lower back pain, but only a small number of them were under medical treatment and thus not able to participate in a sport. Quite numerous were those suffering from lumbodynia, who stated that they experienced no pain on the horse. Several examples have proven this statement. A few pathologic radiological findings on the vertebral column were more frequent in rough riders and partly in sport riders, so that an additional mechanical load on the vertebral column through riding should not be completely excluded. On the other hand, several other factors such as existing deficiencies, and even hard work in youth, are probably responsible. There do not seem to be any forces in riding provoking lordosis. The influence of the axial load is more evident. It is indicated that riders suffering from previous injuries or lumbosacral afflictions should continue riding, provided they are without pain on the horse, since every inactivity of the back muscular system leads to premature insufficiency of the vertebral column. Compensative gymnastics and swimming are indicated and should be a major part of a program to reinforce the back muscular system.

Hola,

Lamento lo sucedido. Yo no tengo hernial discal, sólo un abombamiento. Evito el trote sentado y a la inglesa sin estribos ni de broma. Si paso mucho tiempo al paso, como por ejemplo al salir al campo, se me duermen las piernas, así que de vez en cuando me voy poniendo en pie en los estribos o balanceando las piernas para que no me ocurra.. si aún así se me duermen me bajo y al caminar un poquito se me pasa..jeje. También monto con silicona.
Y si la espalda me pasa factura dejo de montar unos días, y cuando vuelvo a montar me pongo faja bien apretá la primera semanita y como nueva.

saludos

dulce muchas gracias por tu informacion lo leere poquito a poco, parece bastante interesante a ver si consigo que esto se me pase de una vez y volver a disfrutar montando.un saludo.

hola Sue, pero puedes galopar? yo imagino que pueda montar a la inglesa tranquilita pero lo que tu dices sin estribos a la española... yo la lesion la tengo a la altura del cuello así que una faja a esa altura no tengo ni idea ni si siquiera existe, yo con poder volver a montar un poquito,salir al campo y poco mas me conformo! muchas gracias por tu mensaje, me da mucho animo.besos.

Se me olvidaba, el médico me desaconsejó montar a caballo pues posiblemente el abombamiento empeore hacia una hernia. Hace ya seis años de mi lesión y salvo al principio que estube casi ocho meses sin montar, no he vuelto a estar parada muchos días por este motivo. Yo soy precavida y a la primera molestia echo el freno, y lo retomo a los tres o cuatro días. Eso sí, se acabaron el salto, los largos paseos, las clases intensivas, montar a pelo... Aunque de vez en cuando una se permita dar una cruzadita.. jeje.
De todas formas tú misma conocerás tu límite y sabrás cuando puedes rendir más o menos.

El traumatólogo me había dado una tabla de ejercicios para fortalecer la musculatura de la espalda sin perjudicar la lesión, pero ni idea de donde los tengo. Puedes pedirle consejo a tu médico por si te viene bien algún ejercicio para la espalda.

Mucha suerte

a mi me han dicho lo mismo,así que si le hago caso se me acabará todo lo que me gusta; montar, esquiar correr...
espero conseguirlo igual que tú.Si encontrara algun tipo de protector iria mas tranquila no me gustaria golpearme de nuevo en el mismo sitio ya que ahora está mas debil de lo normal. y es el pequeño handicap que tienen los caballos que son altos y caerte, te caes al menos yo. je je.
De momento voy a escuchar a mi pepito grillo particular y voy a seguir en rehabilitacion a ver si termino pronto..Muchas gracias por todo! :D

Hola de nuevo JaquitaPaquita,

Yo la lesión la tengo en las lumbares,( no me acuerdo del número de la vértebra.. jeje), entonces no sé si será lo mismo.

Ahora cuando monto no me duele la espalda, nada. Ni al trotar ni al galopar. También he de decir que monto muy poquito tiempo, una media hora, y me tomo mis descansitos durante la clase ( la profesora me perdona ..jejeje) . Lo cierto es que no galopo más de tres vueltas seguidas, pero no es por la espalda, es que me agoto enseguida y supongo que con este nivel de actividad la espalda no llega a resentirse.

Al principio, hará seis años, al trotar a la inglesa me dolía a horrores, sobre todo en el momento de levantarte en los estribos , al galopar también pero menos. Hoy en día no me duele nada la espalda , ni al montar a la inglesa, ni al galopar, ni al trote sentado... a veces troto a la española un par de vueltas y en cuanto no siento los dedos de los pies lo dejo jajaja..

Espero que lo lleves lo mejor posible y puedas seguir disfrutando la equitación.

COMO MONTAR CON ENYA

te subes en el jaco con el Jualman o el iPó o lo que sea y te pones los cascos:
y te pones a karaokear como loca mientras galopas

let me sail, let me sail, let the orinoco flow,
let me reach, let me beach on the shores of Tripoli.
let me sail, let me sail, let me crash upon your shore,
let me reach, let me beach far beyond the Yellow Sea.
from Bissau to Palau - in the shade of Avalon,
from Fiji to Tiree and the Isles of Ebony,
from Peru to Cebu hear the power of Babylon,
from Bali to Cali - far beneath the Coral Sea.

from the North to the South, Ebud into Khartoum,
from the deep sea of Clouds to the island of the moon,
carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,
carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen.

we can sail, we can sail...
we can steer, we can near with Rob Dickins at the wheel,
we can sigh, say goodbye Ross and his dependencies
we can sail, we can sail
[/i]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
El jualman ya lo tengo, voy a ver si me compro el karakoe de la pleiesteision para sabermela de carrerilla,
no sabia yo que asi se curaban las enyas.Esto es para las enyas de disco o vale tambien para las de deuvedes?

Regístrate ahora y pasa a formar parte de la mayor comunidad de aficionados a los caballos en español.

Cuéntanos tus experiencias, o planteanos tus preguntas. Entre todos intentaremos ayudarte.

¡Y lo mejor de todo es que es grátis!