Entrevista a Bea

CRIS!

Miembro veterano
30 Julio 2005
Visitar el sitio
Me he encontrado esto navengando por ahi... :)

Did you come from a horsey family?
I don´t come from a horsey family. I was born in Barcelona and have always lived there. My late father had a pharmaceutical business and used to be a very good tennis player. He played in the Davis Cup for Spain. My brother is also a very keen sportsman. He is into cycle racing and is pretty good, although he is not a professional. We both went to a French school, Le Lycée Français de Barcelone, because my mother is Belgian and we spoke French and Spanish at home. I got my first horse when I was 16.

Did you always want to be a dressage rider?
No not at first. Actually when I started riding, I was just really happy to have a horse to look after. Back then dressage was not popular in Spain. In the riding club, where I started, everybody was showjumping or playing polo. My first horse was called Vendaval and I had absolutely no control over him!

Do you have a partner, married, single, separated?
I have a boyfriend, and we've been together 10 months now. He lives in Madrid and we see each other as much as possible. He sometimes comes to the shows.

Describe where you live.
Since the beginning of this year I live in my beautiful new house. It has always been my dream to have a wonderful place for my horses. I love being so near them. It's 50 Km north from Barcelona, at the foot of a mountain next to a little river. So I have my own stables now, a nice indoor and outdoor school, a little racetrack and paddocks. My horses are very happy here, it's very quiet. I hope to live here for a very long time.
I love art, especially contemporary, and I'm hoping to hang some nice paintings in the house.

Do you have other hobbies or sports other than dressage?
Besides riding, I do some fitness work in the afternoon. It helps to keep me in shape. I also love sailing in summer. My favourite hobbies are reading, going to the movies and being with my dogs. I also very much enjoy traveling and cultural activities, such as visiting museums.

Where and how often do you go on holiday/vacation?
I love going on holiday but with all the shows and competitions there's not much time left. I go every summer to Ibiza, where I have a nice little apartment. I also try to make a trip every year to a new place I don't know.
One of my last trips was to South Africa, we visited Cape Town and spent a few days in an amazing reserve, where we saw the big five.

How would you describe your social life?
My social life is very important to me, I have lots of friends, horsey and non horsey, and we often go out for dinner, to the movies or even to the disco. I love house music. On the other hand, I very much enjoy staying at home, watching a DVD or reading a book. I love Spanish and Italian food, although I never cook. I would rather spend my time doing other things !

How would you describe your personality?
I'm a happy person, with lots of energy and vitality. I know what I want, I'm disciplined, tenacious, honest and, perhaps too often for my own good, too straightforward.

Do you have any pets?
I have five dogs, two german shepards who live on the farm, Charlotte (a cairn terrier) and Rita (a crossbreed daughter of my west highland Tessie who died two years ago). Charlotte and Rita always travel with me. They come to all the shows. I adore them. My fifth dog I rescued from the street around ten years ago and named him Oliver after Oliver Twist.

Give us a quick run-down on a typical day?
I wake up at 6'30am, stay in bed for short while before getting dressed and having breakfast. I start riding at 8am, and finish usually about 2 pm. I ride five or six horses a day and teach my four students. After lunch I do my office work or go shopping. Around 7pm I go to the gym, where I train for one and a half hours. The its dinner and afterwards I'l maybe watch TV or read my book. Sometimes I go out to a nice restaurant or to the movies. I'm very lucky to have such a nice life !

¿¿¿alguien sabía lo del novio???? :D :D ;)

Regístrate ahora y pasa a formar parte de la mayor comunidad de aficionados a los caballos en español.

Cuéntanos tus experiencias, o planteanos tus preguntas. Entre todos intentaremos ayudarte.

¡Y lo mejor de todo es que es grátis!