Entrevista Anky

CRIS!

Miembro veterano
30 Julio 2005
Visitar el sitio
Y aqui otra que he encontrado... :D

Did you come from a horsey family?
Yes, all the members of my family rode, including my late father. I have two brothers who are show jumpers but they both have their own businesses to run and can only ride in their free time. Both my sisters-in-law also ride dressage and their children are pony mad. Its really nice that as a family we all share a common interest, it keeps us together.

Did you always want to be a dressage rider?
Well actually, as a child, it was only natural that I should want to follow my older brothers into the jumping aren't, but my dad persuaded me to start with dressage until I had enough control over my horse, then I could start jumping. When I finally got enough control to start jumping the fences looked too high!
So that's how I got to be a dressage rider.

Do you have a partner, married, single, separated?
I have lived together with my partner Sjef Janssen since 1991. As most followers of dressage will know, he is also my trainer. He is responsible for training all my horses both at home and at shows. We also run the stables together and other businesses, including our fashion clothing company 'Anky'. We're together 24/7. We are both very strong characters so it certainly has its moments, but we're very close. At the end of January we're expecting our first baby together, which is very exciting.
Describe where you live.
A few years ago Sjef and I moved from our flat to my family home when my parents decided it was time for them to move somewhere smaller. It's a farmhouse and is situated next door to the stables. It's great to be back 'on site', very convenient for popping out to check the horses. We have a really nice garden but I cant take the credit for that I'm afraid - my parents planned it originally and now we have someone to look after it as neither of us has time to do the work. Over the years we have done so much building work as the stables and businesses expanded that a little bit more changing the house to our needs was no big issue. We now have the house how we want it; or at least we did have…… now we are working hard to get the 'nursery' finished in time!

Do you have other hobbies or sports other than dressage?
I really enjoy reading a good book - it must have an exciting story and a bit of romance always goes down well! Sjef is a really good cook, and he enjoys it, so he usually takes care of dinner. But I also love going out for dinner with friends or family. As a special treat I indulge myself by going out shopping with my close friends.

Where and how often do you go on holiday/vacation?
Holidays and our competition lifestyle don't go easily together. The shows go on all year round and we always have to prepare in plenty of time for the next show. The horses need their training and I always ride them myself. No one else except for Sjef gets to ride my horses. So it doesn't leave a lot of time for holidays but we try to get away a couple of times a year for short breaks. About five days mostly. Mind you to be honest that suits me, as after a couple of days relaxing I'm ready to go back to work and ride again!
Actually we did take a holiday after the Olympics in Athens. We went back to Greece to see what the country really looked like. There was no chance to see it during the Olympics.

How would you describe your social life?
When I lost my father it made me realise just how important good friends and family really are. You need their support in times of difficulty. So now I really appreciate any quality time together. My non-horsey friends are very important to me as its good to talk about other things in life. As I said earlier I like going out for dinner and also, once in a while, I enjoy going to the movies - must have the popcorn though!
Having said all that, staying at home, curling up on the sofa with a good book is hard to beat.

How would you describe your personality?
Oh I hate those sorts of questions.
I'm a hard worker. Most days I work until late at night. I know what I want and how to get it. I am also a very happy person. That means I make the best of everything. Even if I have a difficult time I still try to think positive. I believe challenges and difficulties keep you going and build your character.

Do you have any pets?
Yes I have two dogs - Bush and Lou. Lou is a 2 year old tervurense herder. He is also a show dog and wins a lot of competitions in his category. And before you ask…NO, I personally don't run around showing him, his breeder does that. Actually its hysterical to watch and is much worse than dressage ! My other dog is Bush who about 11 years old. You may have seen her at the shows -she's quite a character and pretty well known.
Actually Sjef and Bush are almost inseparable; I think he loves her because she does'nt answer back to him.
I also have a black cat who is 13 years old now. His name is…er…blacky.

Give us a quick run-down on a typical day?
My working day starts at 8 am. I ride between 8am and 1pm. After that I start to train my students for around 2 to 3 hours. Then, in the late afternoon, I turn my attention to my clothing company - it's really taken off and now demands a lot of my time and attention. This is also the time of day I try to fit in interviews and other media demands. At the weekends, if I'm not at shows, I give clinics. As I said, Sjef is the cook and we normally eat around 8pm. This is when we try to 'close the shop' and relax. Well we try anyway……….
It's a busy life but a very nice one!

Regístrate ahora y pasa a formar parte de la mayor comunidad de aficionados a los caballos en español.

Cuéntanos tus experiencias, o planteanos tus preguntas. Entre todos intentaremos ayudarte.

¡Y lo mejor de todo es que es grátis!